Popsie's Pantry receives donated bread and baked goods from a local grocery store every Sunday. We are looking for 2-4 volunteers to join a rotating schedule and help with this weekly volunteer need on an ongoing basis. The volunteer of the week will be responsible for arriving to the grocery store at 10 am on that Sunday and be able to load their car independently with the donated items. The volunteer will then drop off the donations on the following day (Monday) to Jewish Family Services, between 9 am and noon. The volunteer will also stock the pantry with the donated bakery items. Please note: in the case that more bread and baked goods are donated than our capacity, we also ask that the volunteer makes a second stop at a school within Washington Township, so that the extra food can be distributed to students who need it.
* Pick-up the donated items from the grocery store on Sundays at 10 am.
* Drop-off the donated items to Jewish Family Services on Mondays between 9 am and noon.
* Once you become an official volunteer for this position, you will be given access to a schedule signup to pick the Sundays/Mondays that work with your availability.
* Must be available to pick up at 10 am specifically on Sundays. Monday drop-off is more flexible.
* Can lift heavy boxes of food independently
* This is an ongoing position and we ask that you help out at least once monthly
* Will need a driver's license and vehicle to complete the volunteer job.
Please contact our JFS Program Director to submit a request to fulfill this volunteer position. Please note: if multiple volunteers are interested, we may hold a short training-session to go over all the details.