Jewish Family Services (JFS) is the Social Services Department of the Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis. JFS offers a continuum of multi-generational services that enhances the health, well-being, and dignity of families and older adults in our local community.
Jewish Family Services is looking for 4 volunteers to commit to a rotating schedule each week, in order to offer assistance with the following tasks in the afternoons:
* Answer and direct phone calls
* Accept donations for Popsie’s Pantry and other JFS programs
* Keep a running list of donations that are dropped off
* Assist people who need to borrow an item from the Medical Equipment Lending Library
* Stock and organize the pantry with donated items
* Volunteer receptionists are asked to be available once weekly or bi-weekly, on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays from 12-3 pm.
* If you need to cancel or reschedule, we ask that you please give us a 2-week notice.
* All volunteers must participate in a training session prior to starting this role.
Please contact JFS Program Director, Rachel Katz, to submit a request to fulfill this volunteer position.