The Jewish Federation and the Rothbard family provide a limited number of need-based grants to encourage youth to participate in supervised Israel youth experiences. Preference will be given to first time visitors to Israel. Israel grants will be awarded to individuals in grades 6–12. The applicant must be a member and resident of the greater Indianapolis Jewish community.
Download an application here. All applications are due by March 1, 2017.
Children with a SKIP account are eligible for matching grants from the Jewish Federation for their trip to Israel.
If you have a SKIP account for your child and would like to send your child to Israel on a SKIP Trip, please fill out the SKIP Trip Participation Form.
It is not possible to open a new SKIP account at this time.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis provides incentive grants to encourage youth to participate in organized youth trips to Israel.
The following criteria will apply:
1. Israel Youth Experience grants will be awarded for youth trips that must be approved by the Jewish Federation. Family trips are not eligible for grant money.
2. The applicant has completed 10th grade and is no older than 25 years old, or the applicant is going on an organized trip to Israel through the Jewish Federation, BJE, or Hasten Hebrew Academy.
3. An applicant going on Birthright may only apply for funds towards the flight to port of departure. Copy of receipt of the airline ticket purchase should be submitted with this application.
4. The applicant’s family resides in the greater Indianapolis area.
5. The applicant may apply for an Israel Youth Experience grant only once.
If you have any questions regarding scholarships for Israel please email IsraelScholarship@JFGI.org or call 317.726.5450.