- 3 apples
- 3 pears
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Grate the peel and juice of 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the crumble:
- 210 grams (1 ½ cup) flour
- 100 g chopped almonds
- 50g (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- Powdered sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Peel the apples and pears and core.
- Cut the fruits into medium cubes about 2 inches in size and place in a bowl.
- Add brown sugar, ½ of the orange juice, ½ of the orange zest and vanilla extract. Mix well until all fruit cubes are coated.
- Transfer the fruit to a sprayed baking dish and spread it out into a uniform layer.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, chopped almonds and sugar.
- Add oil, the rest of the juice and orange zest, and mix gently with a fork, until a crumb mixture is obtained.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the fruit.
- Bake the crumble for about 35-45 minutes, or until the crumbs are golden and the fruits begin to bubble.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve hot.
Enjoy and shana tova!