- 2 medium onions
- 4-5 medium potatoes preferably red.
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Slightly freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Finely chop the onion. Fry slightly in oil until browned
- Peel the potatoes and grate coarsely. Squeeze the grated dough between the hands and transfer to a bowl with the fried chopped onion.
- Add the remaining ingredients - eggs, flour and spices - and mix well.
- Heat oil half deep in a heavy skillet over medium flame (oil should reach half the height of the pancakes). Olive oil can be used, but make sure it does not smoke.
- Form patties and squeeze the liquids again. Fry about 4 pancakes in each round, 4-5 minutes on each side. It is important to keep the heat regulated during frying and lower and increase the flame as needed. It is important that the oil is not too hot (the pancakes should be golden and not brown).