The Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis (JFGI) is the central fundraising and community planning organization for the Indianapolis Jewish Community. With an Annual Campaign of $4.3 million dollars, the Federation supports and enriches the lives of Jews locally, nationally, in Israel, and around the world. We provide funding to a number of local and regional agencies, many national and overseas partners, and numerous independent programs that provide deeper connection and create Jewish community in Central Indiana. The Federation resides on and manages the operations of a 40-acre campus, and programs funded by the Federation create life-sustaining and life-changing impact, while inspiring and engaging members of the Indianapolis Jewish Community. We are looking for a dynamic, engaging individual who is ready to take on the challenge of expanding and growing this critically important effort.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis seeks a person who is passionate about Jewish life. They will be a creative and dedicated leader for its young adult initiatives and the Lou and Sybil Mervis YoPhi Teen Board initiative. Working closely with colleagues in Engagement and Development, the ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and experience working with theses target populations. This full-time exempt position reports to the Senior Director of Engagement.
- Develop initiatives, manage events and create programs designed to continuously engage members of the NextGen target population, collaborating with our JFGI departments, community agencies and synagogues;
- Manage and facilitate the Lou and Sybil Mervis YoPhI Teen Board, which is the flagship program of the youth engagement initiative YoPhI (Youth Philanthropy Indy);
- Participate and recruit participants for appropriate regional, national and international Federation and conferences and missions.
- Develop and manage a process that identifies, educates and places young adults, teens and volunteers into appropriate leadership positions at JFGI and its affiliated agencies;
- Work with Development Department to coordinate strategy and solicitations for donors and prospects connected to these program areas;
- Manage budgets for each program area in collaboration with the leadership and finance team;
- Partner with the Marketing department on multi-pronged marketing campaigns;
- Promote Jewish learning and knowledge as important elements of Jewish leadership and provide for Jewish learning opportunities as appropriate;
- Assist with general campaign and other Federation efforts as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required;
- Two-five years professional experience in one or more of the following areas: fundraising, event planning, project management, engagement or programming preferred;
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Strong experience in effective use of social media;
- Skills as a team player, yet ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
- An engaging personality, a commitment to follow through and detail oriented;
- A strong commitment to the Jewish people, Israel, and knowledge of Jewish history and current events;
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
The work environment characteristics are representative of an office setting and is usually fast-paced with constant stimulation and mobility. This job requires high energy and interaction with staff, leadership and program participants; meetings and programs may be conducted outside of the office. Expectations are that the individual will present a professional appearance and behave in a professional manner at all times, particularly when interacting with program participants and donors. Physical demands are primarily limited to operating general office equipment and tasks associated with event and program planning.
Salary range: $40,000-52,500 based upon experience
Interested, qualified candidates should forward resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis follows CDC guidelines as it relates to COVID-19 protocols.