Substitute teachers will be contacted on an as-needed basis by ECE administration. Responsibilities include working with children age 1 through 5 years old.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain an orderly and safe classroom environment;
- Ability to work with children age 1 through 5 years old;
- Must be dependable and energetic;
- Must be able to take initiative in classroom;
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision;
- Must enjoy singing, playing outside, doing arts & crafts;
- Will organize and participate in recreational activities;
- Will assist in preparing and serving food and refreshments to children and regulate rest periods;
- Must abide by all compliance guidelines as determined by State licensing agency;
- Maintain confidentiality of pertinent information;
- Supervise and conducting activities with the children;
- Assist children with snacks and bathroom needs;
- Communicate with co-workers and/or parents.
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Minimum of 1 year of childcare experience.
- CDA certification a plus
- Knowledge of child development and/or early childhood education;
- Ability to interact with children and remain calm;
- Knowledge of general safety rules and basic first aid;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to always exhibit good judgment, maturity and stability.
The work environment is usually fast paced and the position requires high mobility, standing walking, bending and sitting. Must be able to lift and carry young children up to 40 pounds.