Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis
Creative Digital Coordinator (Graphic Designer)
JFGI Mission: The Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis is the central philanthropic, planning and community relations organization of the Jewish community. The Federation and its agencies, in cooperation with the synagogues, function to promote the general welfare of the Jewish community and to ensure the creative survival and continuity of the Jewish people.
With an Annual Campaign of $3.9 million dollars, the Federation supports and enriches the lives of Jews locally, nationally, in Israel, and around the world. We provide funding to a number of local and regional agencies, many national and overseas partners, and numerous independent programs that provide deeper connection and create Jewish community in Central Indiana. The Federation resides on and manages the operations of a 40-acre campus, and programs funded by the Federation create life-sustaining and life-changing impact, while inspiring and engaging members of the Indianapolis Jewish Community.
The Indianapolis Jewish Community completed its first Jewish Community Study in 2017- the results of this effort have lead us to recently publishing a strategic plan for the Jewish Federation. These two efforts will drive the focus of the Jewish Federation for the next few years.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis (JFGI) is seeking a Creative Digital Coordinator (Graphic Designer) to join our growing team. Historically, JFGI has outsourced graphic elements and is looking to bring this in-house. This full time position involves producing designs for a wide variety of applications —e.g., magazine layout, posters and flyers. These elements will follow communication plans by the communication manager to meet the needs of a dozen different departments and programs. This is an extremely hands-on role where you’ll be exposed to a wide array of projects serving a variety of both internal and external customers.
• Create graphics across a variety of media: e.g., posters, flyers, postcards, handouts, bi-monthly magazine, ads, signage, and eSignatures.
• Create digital components: e.g, JFGI website and digital email tools.
• Other related duties assigned by the Communication Manager.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience Required
• Completed degree in Visual Communications (graphic design), marketing or communications (other degrees and work experience in lieu of a degree will be considered)
• 1-2 years of experience; recent graduates will be considered
• Photoshop and InDesign experience
• Strong composition and layout skills
• CMS platform/website design comfortability is a plus
• Photography and videography skills is a plus
• Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to effectively multitask
• Self-starter and self-directed with a desire to exceed set goals
• Ability to clearly communicate ideas/concepts/designs to a wide variety of end users
• Knowledge and support of Jewish community, Heritage and Traditions is a plus
Benefits of Employment Include: Competitive Salary (Exempt), Health Insurance and a Health Savings Account with earned company contributions, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, a 401(k) with company match and a discounted JCC membership that includes access to the fitness center, 70+ group exercise classes, discounted program fees and year-round swimming pools and tennis courts.
The work environment characteristics are representative of an office setting. The work environment is usually fast-paced with constant stimulation and mobility. This job requires high energy and interaction with staff and program participants; most meetings and programs may be conducted outside of the office. Expectations are that the individual will present a professional appearance and behave in a professional manner at all times, particularly when interacting with program participants and donors. Physical demands are primarily limited operating general office equipment and event setup– computers, telephones, copier machine, bending, lifting, setting up tables and moving small boxes.
Interested, qualified candidates should forward resumes and cover letters along with 2 references (including your relationship and contact information) to Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis at email@example.com.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred and 0-2 years of experience.